1. Please make sure you have read your Course Guide and that you have a clear sense of the shape and structure of the course. Download your copy of the course guide here – and please talk to your course tutor if you’ve any queries or concerns. Please also drop your tutor an email to let them know you’ve ‘arrived’.
2. You’ll need to get familiar with this course site, and your tumblog. Start with the guidance in the course handbook. You can also find out more about WordPress in the WordPress Lessons.
3. Please set up a profile of yourself in your WordPress blog, to make it easy for everyone to get a sense of who we are. There are 10 students studying ‘Digital cultures’ this semester.
4. Go to the EDC13 wall in Lino and post up a note on the idea of what ‘digital culture’ means to you. Your posting can be any format – text, image, audio, video.
5. We’ll be using Twitter throughout the course, so if you’re not tweeting already, please get yourself set up with a Twitter account and a sense of how it works. There are full instructions on this in the Course Guide and in the programme Technologies Handbook. Our Twitter hashtag is #ededc.