Taking apart, scattering, putting back together

Reflecting on this course’s tumblog experience, I can see this process working out well.  In this last block of studies, I am effectively taking apart Haraway, Hayle, Edwards, Penderson, Angus and Gough and then writing reflections on these (scattering) and publishing them on the tumblog.  In time I will be putting this back together again [...]

0 Comments Short URL , , , ,

Collection of links on cyborg pedagogy

Computer and writing:  The Cyborg Era Challenges of Cyborg Pedagogy A manifesto for cyborg pedagogy? Angus et al Klich, Rosemary, The `unfinished’ subject: Pedagogy and performance in the company of copies, robots, mutants and cyborgs International Journal of Performance Arts & Digital Media, Volume 8, Number 2, 18 September 2012 , pp. 155-170(16) Decoding Digital Pedagogy, [...]

0 Comments Short URL

Is connectivism a cyborg pedagogy?

0 Comments Short URL ,

Is posthuman educable? (Penderson, 2010)

I am intrigued by the choice of words so far used to describe the humanist traditions. In Penderson, it is the reference of “instabilities of humanist traditions/ideals of education and “institutionalised production, mediation, and development of knowledge”. (Penderson, 2010; 241) Instability conjures for me a sense that the foundations of the humanist traditions have some [...]

0 Comments Short URL , , ,

Week ten summary

Week ten started with a skype session which helped to make some sense of the concepts of cyborgs and posthuman to a certain extent. Haraway’s writing was a struggle, and I decided to set it aside and try to look at any descriptions or visuals to help unravel the posthuman concept and I found “A [...]

0 Comments Short URL

A Manifesto for cyborg pedagogy? Angus et al

I find this really quite interesting. The Cyborg Pedagogy reflects much of what we try to do to raise awareness of our connectedness with the world but it has given a new and refreshing way to look at it. A new cultural framework so to speak. The idea of responsible experimentation is a compelling one [...]

0 Comments Short URL ,

The end of lifelong learning: a post-human condition by Edwards

This is enlightening. Edwards provided a number of binaries that illustrate the epistemological-ontological separation.(Edwards, 2010: 8) epistemology – ontology meaning – matter significance – substance subject – object theory – practice knowing – becoming apparent- real reflecting – intervening thinking – doing representing – experimenting This sums up his description of a post-human education which [...]

2 Comments Short URL , , , ,

A sum of parts: posthuman humans

0 Comments Short URL ,

The posthuman future

0 Comments Short URL ,

Week nine summary

This last week, I was responding to the ethnographies of the group, and those from the group. I have screen captured the responses as below:           The varied routes and presentation of the ethnography show how this course has allowed the freedom to explore one single topic.  The study of the [...]

0 Comments Short URL

Donna Haraway: “From cyborgs to companion species”

0 Comments Short URL

Posthuman: a concept, a non-human or half-human or neither?

This topic is completely out of my comfort zone. It reminded me of when I had to learn physics or Descartes, neither of these made sense to me! Perhaps I need an idiot’s guide to Posthumanist and Cyborgs. So here’s me trying to make sense of it all – I hope the application of these [...]

0 Comments Short URL

Making sense of cyborgs, posthuman and human

It has been quiet at the Western Front! From ethnographies to philosophies of cyborgs and posthuman. To put myself in the shoes of a feminist, humanist, posthumanist and activist, all at the same time is quite a big ask! Thanks to Amy Woodgate, I think I have put on the right lenses, and I am [...]

0 Comments Short URL , , ,

Week eight summary

My focus this week was to construct my ethnography. Little did I know that I would be writing up something completely different from Street Arts! It has been a steep learning curve, but I have learnt much from the reading, researching online ethnography and Street Arts, and finally the process of writing up an ethnography, [...]

0 Comments Short URL

My virtual ethnography: an IVF blog

For a better view, try clicking on the full screen icon. Methodology I have gained some insight into online ethnography through Hine’s article and I wanted to see what he means by connective ethnography particularly the notion of “getting there” rather than “being there”,  how to allow the subjects to judge what is authentic, and [...]

10 Comments Short URL , , , , , , , , ,

Week seven summary

The posts this last week  reflect my search on the street art community: to understand what street art is about, its culture, identify the players and actors, how public space is translated into digital spaces, and if the internet helped bring street artists together.  And if it does, what they actually do. I have finally [...]

0 Comments Short URL

My ethnography progress so far

The plan: Search the field and connections – street art street art community street artist blogs street artist communities/forums What is the trend? A lot of new forums set up, sites such as stencil revolution is revived in the last six months. Looked at interesting sites, trace to a street artist in Australia, and then [...]

1 Comments Short URL , , ,